We believe that the solution to
SIDS is finally within reach. It is our sincere hope that our work is a bold step to solving a lifelong medical mystery once and for all and giving back to the world infants that die before their
- SIDS remains one of the foremost causes of infant death in the United
- It has continued to remain a medical mystery despite other great medical
- We are still unable to identify infants at risk until a fatal event
- Education has also not prevented SIDS.
- All groups of society are at risk although low socio-economic groups and
Native American and African American populations are at most risk.
- Families are devastated by this phenomenon.
- Parents frequently second guess what happened and imagine what they
could have done to prevent it.
- A non-smoking environment and laying the baby on its back are things
that can help; yet babies still die from SIDS when parents address these.
See the donate page for more information on our avenues of research.